Skip to main content

S4: E105 Reflection Series Episode #5 - Looking at the Fall

Season Four
Episode 105
Reflection Series
Looking at the Fall


Reflection Guide 

I like to have a plan and I like to have control over where things are headed, even if it’s just the illusion of control.  I feel better when I’ve prepared to the best that I can and have some ideas for how to move forward with curriculum, content, and personal goals.  As I think about the fall and how many different ways teaching could look at that point, I’ve tried to think about how best I can prepare myself for whatever might happen.  I realize this is impossible to perfectly plan for, but if I can understand some of my anxiousness and my hopes then I feel that I can move forward from those to thinking about how I might begin to think about content and things I can do.  There’s no perfect way to do this, but I feel better thinking about it rather than avoiding it until I am forced to think about it.  I thought I’d share the things I’m thinking about with you so I’ve turned all of my personal reflections into this five episode series that I hope will be helpful for you as well.  Each episode will be about a specific topic and I’ve created a simple guide that includes the questions asked within the podcast episode along with areas to jot down notes and thoughts.  I hope that this episode helps you think about ways you can acknowledge your anxiousness and hopes and consider even just one idea for the fall so that you can feel better about whatever the future might hold.  I’ve found that one idea leads to another and I don’t have to have it all planned out - I just need to start thinking about it.


**Please note that I am not a professional doctor or physician.  None of the information shared is part of a therapy, meditation, or reflection practice or program and should not be seen as medical advice. I am an educator who wants to encourage you in your everyday practice of looking at your teaching and personal life and find ways to make every day the best it can be.**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S6: E127 Mini Soundtrap Project

 Season 6 Episode 127 Mini Soundtrap Project In the last few episodes I’ve shared some Soundtrap lesson ideas that I created and used with students.  Podcasts, Fictional Character Themes, Found Sounds, and Poem with Loops.  Check out the resources provided for each of these lessons in the show notes or on the blog. Today’s episode is about a simple Soundtrap project that could be done as a collaboration by several students or by an individual in whatever time frame you provide.  The benefit of this lesson is that it’s incredibly flexible.  It could be done in as little as 20 minutes or as much as 45 minutes or more.  The idea is to allow students to create a piece containing a specific amount of loops that includes an introduction and ending.  Like I said super simple.  This might be a great way to introduce students to loops and even form structure depending on how you set up your rubric.   This was a lesson I used while I was out th...

S1: E31 Telling Your Story with Karen Dustman

Season One:  Episode 31 Telling Your Story with Karen Dustman Karen Dustman is a California-based journalist and author.  From home improvement to history, natural health to self-help, she's written about it during her twenty-year career.  "The best part of being a writer is I get to write about whatever I'm interested in, and I'm interested practically everything!" she laughs. Early in her writing career, a pair of successful home improvement books landed Karen on some top television shows including Discovery Channel; the Weekend Edition of the Today Show; Good Day New York; Woman's Day TV; HGTV; and the Howie Mandel show.  Her freelance magazine articles have appeared in a wide range of national publications including Ladies' Home Journal , Family Circle , Natural Health , and Westways . In recent years, Karen's passion for history led her to launch Clairitage Press , a small indie press devoted to preserving California/Nevada history an...