Skip to main content

S2: E58 Ten Singing Canons

Season Two
Episode 58
Ten Singing Canons


Canons are some of my favorite pieces to sing with students.  I love the way the harmonies come together. I love how simplistic the pieces can be and how beautiful they become when multiple parts enter.  I’m going to share ten canons that I love. Links to my Master Copies or the Waldorf School Song website for each song will be included in the show notes and in the blog here!




Canon One: 1m 15s:  Autumn Canon


Canon Two: 2m 25s: COFFEE


Canon Three: 3m 20s: Doop Doop Doobe Dee-day


Canon Four: 4m 31s: Earth Dance


Canon Five: 5m 34s: Fegy Canon


Canon Six: 7m 25s:  Let Us Sing Together


Canon Seven: 8m 24s: Morning Has Come


Canon Eight: 9m 42s: One More Day


Canon Nine: 10m 27s: Scotland’s Burning


Canon Ten: 11m 28s: When Winter is Passing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S6: E127 Mini Soundtrap Project

 Season 6 Episode 127 Mini Soundtrap Project In the last few episodes I’ve shared some Soundtrap lesson ideas that I created and used with students.  Podcasts, Fictional Character Themes, Found Sounds, and Poem with Loops.  Check out the resources provided for each of these lessons in the show notes or on the blog. Today’s episode is about a simple Soundtrap project that could be done as a collaboration by several students or by an individual in whatever time frame you provide.  The benefit of this lesson is that it’s incredibly flexible.  It could be done in as little as 20 minutes or as much as 45 minutes or more.  The idea is to allow students to create a piece containing a specific amount of loops that includes an introduction and ending.  Like I said super simple.  This might be a great way to introduce students to loops and even form structure depending on how you set up your rubric.   This was a lesson I used while I was out th...

S1: E31 Telling Your Story with Karen Dustman

Season One:  Episode 31 Telling Your Story with Karen Dustman Karen Dustman is a California-based journalist and author.  From home improvement to history, natural health to self-help, she's written about it during her twenty-year career.  "The best part of being a writer is I get to write about whatever I'm interested in, and I'm interested practically everything!" she laughs. Early in her writing career, a pair of successful home improvement books landed Karen on some top television shows including Discovery Channel; the Weekend Edition of the Today Show; Good Day New York; Woman's Day TV; HGTV; and the Howie Mandel show.  Her freelance magazine articles have appeared in a wide range of national publications including Ladies' Home Journal , Family Circle , Natural Health , and Westways . In recent years, Karen's passion for history led her to launch Clairitage Press , a small indie press devoted to preserving California/Nevada history an...