Skip to main content

S1: Bonus - Trunk Club

Season One
Bonus Episode
Trunk Club



If you choose to try out a personal styling service, here are a few tips that I found useful:

1) Be honest about your clothing size
It's a lot more fun to try on clothing that fits. So be honest and enjoy finding pieces that work for YOU - regardless of what the size on the label says.

2) Sticker Shock
If you choose to try Trunk Club and you're used to buying clothing on sale and clearance racks (like I am), be prepared for higher prices.  Decide ahead of time what your budget is.  You might find that you purchase fewer items, but ones that you'll build a wardrobe out of and add to over time.

3) No Sales Pitch - You choose
I loved that there wasn't a sales pitch.  It was truly up to me to decide what I wanted and no pressure to buy higher priced items or recommendations.  My stylist was super helpful and guided me towards how to put together outfits, but did not tell me what I should do when deciding what to purchase.

4) Hang Your Clothes on the Hangers as you go
Out of courtesy for your stylist and the clothing, hang up your clothes after you've worn them.  The process goes quickly, there's less mess in the dressing room and it's just polite.

If you want to try the Trunk Club - either at a clubhouse in person or having a trunk of clothing shipped to you, I highly recommend my stylist.  Her name is Kathryn Poe.  Note:  I do get a credit if you use her.  But even if I didn't, I'd still recommend her.  Here is the link if you decide you want to try it: Trunk Club Referral Link

FAVORITE PIECES
I'm going to share some of my favorite pieces - a few I purchased, but most I didn't.  Though I've got a few of them on my list of items I'd like to add in the future.  These were all 'stand-outs' for me when I had my trip to the Trunk Club.  Thought I'd link them here in case you find something you like (no commission links - just had to share!)

JCrew Parke Blazer:  This has become one of my favorites - despite the fact I shared in the previous episode that I never wear blazers. And now I do!


BB Dakota Jazlyn Crepe Shift Dress: This dress goes perfectly with a pair of shoes I already own. And so versatile!


Halogen Rib Knit Wool and Cashmere Cardigan: My new favorite!! One of the softest sweaters I've ever owned. And can be worn so many ways.


Halogen Ponte Skinny Pants: Another amazing pair of pants that I LOVE!!!


Madewell Drapey Oversize Boyshirt: Yes - this shirt goes with everything!


Madewell Leather Jacket: If I get a leather jacket, this will be the one.


AG Farrah Jeans: Covers everything, stretchy, soft, comfy and looks so good on.






Spanx Faux Leather Pants: A style I thought I could never pull off. Then paired them with a long thin grey turtleneck and loved them. Didn't purchase them, but on my list of "hoping to get someday."


Paige Jeans: I have a pair of Paige jeans that I wear non-stop. Love this pair.


Best leopard shoes ever:  Veronica Beard I couldn't justify the price, but definitely LOVE these shoes. Looking for something similar, but less costly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recorder: What to do with Hot Cross Buns

Hot Cross Buns... it might be the bane of your existence, a song to start with students with B-A-G on the recorders that really doesn't affect you one way or the other, or a great song to use that is simplistic and gets the job done.  No matter what your feeling on it, it's likely that you've used it because it is effective at teaching simple rhythms, B-A-G and giving students a great starting place when learning recorder.  Personally, I find it useful but I'm honestly tired of it.  I decided to do something new with it this summer and wanted to change it so that it was more musical.  For many days of my summer break I spent time in the morning playing the recorder.  I wrote down melodies I had improvised and liked, played with modes and scales, added unpitched percussion parts/piano/guitar chords and enjoyed seeing what could be done.  Not all of the pieces were very good but it was a great creative way to figure out some solutions for recorder pitch sets, rhythms an

S6: E127 Mini Soundtrap Project

 Season 6 Episode 127 Mini Soundtrap Project In the last few episodes I’ve shared some Soundtrap lesson ideas that I created and used with students.  Podcasts, Fictional Character Themes, Found Sounds, and Poem with Loops.  Check out the resources provided for each of these lessons in the show notes or on the blog. Today’s episode is about a simple Soundtrap project that could be done as a collaboration by several students or by an individual in whatever time frame you provide.  The benefit of this lesson is that it’s incredibly flexible.  It could be done in as little as 20 minutes or as much as 45 minutes or more.  The idea is to allow students to create a piece containing a specific amount of loops that includes an introduction and ending.  Like I said super simple.  This might be a great way to introduce students to loops and even form structure depending on how you set up your rubric.   This was a lesson I used while I was out this past week and needed something that a substitu

S4: E107 Active Listening Through Storytelling and Classical Music with Robert Franz

Season Four Episode 107 Active Listening with Robert Franz Robert Franz Website Stella's Magical Musical Balloon Ride Ted Talk: Active Listening and Our Perception of Time Robert Franz Bio: Acclaimed conductor, Robert Franz, recognized as "an outstanding musician with profound intelligence," has held to three principles throughout his career: a commitment to the highest artistic standards, to creating alliances and building bridges in each community he serves, and a dedication to being a strong force in music education.  As Music Director of the Windsor Symphony Orchestra and Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival Orchestra, Associate Conductor of the Houston Symphony, and newly appointed Artistic Advisor of the Boise Baroque Orchestra, he has achieved success through his focus on each of these principles. His appeal as a first-rate conductor and enthusiastic award-winning educator is acclaimed by critics, composers, and audiences of all ages.  Composer Bright S