Skip to main content

S9: E174 Technology in the Music Classroom with Eoin Hughes

Afternoon Ti Podcast

Season 9

Episode 174

Technology in the Music Classroom with Eoin Hughes



Eoin Hughes Bio: Eoin is an Apple Distinguished Educator, Music and Geography Teacher and Digital Learning Coordinator in Ireland. His classes focus on the use of iPad to foster creativity and to enhance and transform learning experiences with his students.


Contact Eoin on Twitter: @_ehughes_


I have followed Eoin Hughes on Twitter for some time now and enjoy seeing the projects he creates using GarageBand.  This summer he shared that he would be presenting a session at Festival of Learning that would teach educators how to lead students through a process of creating a cover song of a favorite piece using GarageBand.  I attended the session and loved it!  Eoin is a music and geography teacher, as well as a digital leraning coordinator at his school in Ireland.  We talk about the impact of general music education classes and walk through steps you can use to uncover a song using chord structures and building layers in GarageBand.  You’ll want to check out his Cover Songs with GarageBand book on Apple Books to learn more.  Here is Eoin Hughes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S6: E127 Mini Soundtrap Project

 Season 6 Episode 127 Mini Soundtrap Project In the last few episodes I’ve shared some Soundtrap lesson ideas that I created and used with students.  Podcasts, Fictional Character Themes, Found Sounds, and Poem with Loops.  Check out the resources provided for each of these lessons in the show notes or on the blog. Today’s episode is about a simple Soundtrap project that could be done as a collaboration by several students or by an individual in whatever time frame you provide.  The benefit of this lesson is that it’s incredibly flexible.  It could be done in as little as 20 minutes or as much as 45 minutes or more.  The idea is to allow students to create a piece containing a specific amount of loops that includes an introduction and ending.  Like I said super simple.  This might be a great way to introduce students to loops and even form structure depending on how you set up your rubric.   This was a lesson I used while I was out th...

S1: E31 Telling Your Story with Karen Dustman

Season One:  Episode 31 Telling Your Story with Karen Dustman Karen Dustman is a California-based journalist and author.  From home improvement to history, natural health to self-help, she's written about it during her twenty-year career.  "The best part of being a writer is I get to write about whatever I'm interested in, and I'm interested practically everything!" she laughs. Early in her writing career, a pair of successful home improvement books landed Karen on some top television shows including Discovery Channel; the Weekend Edition of the Today Show; Good Day New York; Woman's Day TV; HGTV; and the Howie Mandel show.  Her freelance magazine articles have appeared in a wide range of national publications including Ladies' Home Journal , Family Circle , Natural Health , and Westways . In recent years, Karen's passion for history led her to launch Clairitage Press , a small indie press devoted to preserving California/Nevada history an...