Skip to main content

S7: E141 Book Series: Make a Note with Jessica Peresta

 Season Seven

Episode 141

Book Series:  Make a Note with Jessica Peresta




Jessica Peresta is the creator and host of The Elementary Music Teacher Podcast.  She wrote the book "Make a Note: What you Really Need to Know About Teaching Elementary Music."  You can find her e-book at F-Flat Books and the paperback at Amazon.  She does so much for the music education community and I encourage you to check out her work at the Domestic Musician website.

The Afternoon Ti Guide to Teaching Music Book and Journal launched last week.  I am so grateful for your support and it was an exciting week for me as I shared my work.  If you haven’t picked up your copy of the book or journal, check out my Instagram @highafternoonti for more information about what’s inside them!  Then go to Fflat books for your e-book pdfs (Book and Journal)  or Amazon for the paperback book and journal. Can’t wait for you to read and discover new ideas for teaching and growing.


In celebration of the launch of my first book, this month’s podcast episodes are going to focus on books by music educators that are out in the world and whose books I believe are important and need to be shared.  In this episode I’m talking with Jessica Peresta about her book “Make a Note: What you really need to know about teaching Elementary Music.”  We focus on four main areas: self-care, relationships with students and colleagues, classroom management, and our first year of teaching - especially talking about how we experience the first year of teaching several times in our teaching careers.


Here’s my chat with Jessica: (coming soon!)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S6: E127 Mini Soundtrap Project

 Season 6 Episode 127 Mini Soundtrap Project In the last few episodes I’ve shared some Soundtrap lesson ideas that I created and used with students.  Podcasts, Fictional Character Themes, Found Sounds, and Poem with Loops.  Check out the resources provided for each of these lessons in the show notes or on the blog. Today’s episode is about a simple Soundtrap project that could be done as a collaboration by several students or by an individual in whatever time frame you provide.  The benefit of this lesson is that it’s incredibly flexible.  It could be done in as little as 20 minutes or as much as 45 minutes or more.  The idea is to allow students to create a piece containing a specific amount of loops that includes an introduction and ending.  Like I said super simple.  This might be a great way to introduce students to loops and even form structure depending on how you set up your rubric.   This was a lesson I used while I was out th...

S1: E31 Telling Your Story with Karen Dustman

Season One:  Episode 31 Telling Your Story with Karen Dustman Karen Dustman is a California-based journalist and author.  From home improvement to history, natural health to self-help, she's written about it during her twenty-year career.  "The best part of being a writer is I get to write about whatever I'm interested in, and I'm interested practically everything!" she laughs. Early in her writing career, a pair of successful home improvement books landed Karen on some top television shows including Discovery Channel; the Weekend Edition of the Today Show; Good Day New York; Woman's Day TV; HGTV; and the Howie Mandel show.  Her freelance magazine articles have appeared in a wide range of national publications including Ladies' Home Journal , Family Circle , Natural Health , and Westways . In recent years, Karen's passion for history led her to launch Clairitage Press , a small indie press devoted to preserving California/Nevada history an...